Immaculate Heart of Mary Parish
Constructed 1911 - 1913
The second Windthorst Parish Buildings (Immaculate Heart of Mary Parish) built in 1892. The building to the right of the church is the school, built in 1883 and the building on the left is probably the rectory built in 1890. The first Church was built in the Spring of 1879 and was blessed by Father Wolf on Easter Sunday. Father Ferdinand Wolf was a Benedictine priest who came to minister to the spiritual needs of Windthorst, May 21, 1878. He also took care of mission places, St. Jospeh's, eight miles North of Windthorst, Kinsley and Dodge. He celebrated his first mass May 22, 1878, in the Henry Tasset home.
Ford County Historical Society, Inc.)